-->

Great Finds at the Brimfield Antique Show...

This past Sunday, I went to the Brimfield Antique Show with my daughter Courtney and her fiancé Courtland. The Brimfield Show is in central Massachusetts and is the largest outdoor show in New England running 3 times a year since 1959 with over 5000 dealers! It started on Tuesday, but we decided to go on Sunday, the last day. We weren't looking for anything in particular, but I did buy a few vintage goodies that I wanted share them with you.

brimfield antiques

I decorate one of my Christmas trees in a vintage theme with big colored light, colored glass ornaments and silver tinsel!! I'm always looking for old toys to place under the tree. I just loved this box of Pix Pix pick up sticks!!

brimfield antiques

Made in 1937...so cute and only $3.00!

brimfield antiques

Old fashioned bingo cards for only $2.00. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I love the look.

brimfield antiques

Another great find was this vintage lunch box from the 1960's, I think. Red tartan plaid!! I only paid $5.00 for it.

brimfield antiques

Still has the original sticker on the side.

brimfield antiques

and a cute "Safety First" poem on the inside. The thermos was missing, but you can see where it was stored all those years on the right hand side where the paint is chipped.

brimfield antiques

It's already washed and filled with an I Spy hexagon quilt that I'm sewing by hand. It's a cute little storage box to keep projects in.

I've sewn and given away so many I Spy quilts as baby gifts, I thought I'd better make 2 quilts for my future grandchildren before all my I Spy fabric is gone. To make these 2 quilts extra special, I'll sew them both by hand with English Paper Piecing.

brimfield antiques

The best deal was a zip lock bag filled with vintage 1930's fabric scraps for only $10.00

brimfield antiques

Next to the bags that were for sale was a grandmother's flower garden flower with the old paper pieces still on the backside. Amazing to think someone from the 1930's was sewing with this fabric.

brimfield antiques

There are such incredible fabrics in this bag, all crumbled and cut up. The colors and patterns are perfect! They must have been stored away for years and years in some one's sewing room.

brimfield antiques

Sad to think that the family had to go through all her fabric and sewing supplies and get rid of it all. Makes me want to sew up all my fabric and make things to give away to family and friends.

Although there is a different side to this story...her fabric is now with someone who loves it and will turn it into the cutest hexagon quilt that will be cherished for years to come!!

Add this project to the ever growing "To Do" list!!

brimfield antiques

Do you love going to antique shows or flea markets?

What was your greatest find?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
~Karen~

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel