-->

English Paper Piecing...Cutting Paper and Fabric

Hi everyone! I'm back from yesterday's English Paper Piecing post about how to sew the hexagons together. You can click HERE if you missed the post. I had lots of questions and emails about how to cut the paper and the fabric, so here is another post I put together today. I hope this helps!!!

As with any project, there are many ways of doing something. The ideas I'm posting here are just a few of the different methods I've used over the years for cutting the freezer paper and the fabric. Technology has made things a little easier with hand held paper punches and electric die cutters, but I'll also show you a simple way to cut the hexies with a cardboard template.

Cutting the Paper Hexagons...


Types of paper

  • freezer paper (my favorite)
  • card stock
  • recycled envelopes
  • and those annoying magazine inserts finally have a purpose



Types of cutters

  • accuquilt die cutter
  • Fiskars hand held paper punches (found in the scrapbooking section of any craft store or online)
  • store bought plastic template for rotary cutter
  • print template from free online source and make one from cardboard to plastic template

Here are the types that I have used.


english paper piecing

Come inside for lots of pictures and steps for each method.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel