-->

Attention All Quilters...I Have a Few Questions For You

Hi everyone!! I've been away from quilting for a long time. Well, I haven't been away completely. I love to buy the fabric, I'm always looking for inspiration and I cut the fabric for future projects, but actually finishing something from start to finish...that's where I'm back, full steam ahead!!

I've finished two baby gifts these past few days. Nothing big, just little I Spy quilts. I love baby or throw size quilts, because I can actually "finish" the project. The smaller size gives me the satisfaction of piecing it, putting the quilt sandwich together, quilting it and then binding it in a short amount of time.

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of every step in the quilting process. I actually did a post, when I first started blogging over 6 years ago, that making the quilt top was my most favorite part. I realized again this week... that fact is still true. Piecing the top is still #1!! What's #2?...washing the quilt and having it come out of the dryer all crinkly!!! I love that look and feel of a quilt.

Sitting at my sewing machine this week got me thinking. What is your favorite part of quilting? I have other questions too, so let's get started!!!

quilting

Post your favorites from 1-7 (#1 being your favorite and #7 your not so favorite) in the comment section. My comment section is open to everyone, just scroll down to the very end of the comments and pick anonymous if you don't have an account.

The Quilting Process...


  • Looking for quilt inspirations online, in books and magazines
  • Shopping for the fabric
  • Cutting the fabric
  • Piecing the quilt top
  • Making the quilt sandwich
  • Quilting the quilt
  • Binding the quilt


Random Quilting Questions...


  • Do you love to hand quilt or machine quilt?
  • Do you hand sew or machine sew the last step of putting the binding on?
  • Do you pre-wash your fabric?
  • What do you use most...pre-cut fabrics or fabric by the yard?
  • What do you do more...quilt your own quilts or send them out to be quilted?


I'll start the ball rolling with my answers...

The quilting process

  1. piecing the quilt top
  2. shopping for fabric
  3. looking for inspiration
  4. cutting the fabric
  5. binding
  6. quilting
  7. making the sandwich

Random questions...

  • I machine quilt
  • I hand sew most all of my bindings on, but for these baby quilts, I did machine sew them do to time restraints. I love hand sewing them on because it looks so pretty on the back.
  • I ALWAYS pre-wash my fabric
  • I mostly use yardage. However, I do buy pre-cuts because they're so cute. The problem is they're so cute I hate to use them. I think I'm crazy!!
  • I always quilt my own quilts, but my next larger quilt is definitely being sent out!!


I hope all of you can join in too. If you want to share this post on your blog, that would be fantastic...the more the merrier. It's so fun to hear from all of you and get a glimpse into your quilting world!

I can't wait to see what everyone writes for their answers!!

Thanks of stopping by,
~Karen~

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel