-->

A Few of My Favorite Sewing Notions...

We all have our favorite sewing notions that help make our lives easier. I thought I would share a few of my must haves. I would love it if you would share your favorites in the comment section too. It's great to learn about new things, especially when they are tried and true!!

These are a few of my favorite things...

Bees Wax


I've always used bees wax when I'm hand sewing. I've always had the bigger size disc, but I just found this package of 5 little minis!! They are perfect to keep with different hand sewing projects.

Bees wax coats the thread so it doesn't knot up, twist or fray. I absolutely love it for sewing my hexagon projects.

sewing notions

Look how tiny each one. I have a bobbin in the center to compare the size. I found them in the quilting section at Joann fabrics for $3.99.

sewing notions

Thread Cutter Pendant


I also use a thread cutter when I'm hand sewing and this one from Clover is my favorite!!

sewing notions

It's a bronze metal pendant.

sewing notions

and has a hole to add your own chain to hang it around your neck like a necklace.

sewing notions

When you have it as a necklace, you will never lose your scissors. This is especially great when hand sewing in the car or on a plane. This was in the embroidery section at Joann's...$7.99, but use a 50% coupon.

It looks like jewelry!!

sewing notions

Just pass the thread over any of the openings and it cuts it beautifully. The sharp blade is totally encased in the metal, so you will never cut yourself.

sewing notions

Seam Fix...seam ripper and fixer


Another favorite is this rubber pen seam ripper. We've all been there when we have to rip out a seam. I'm there more often than I like. Lol

This is a great seam ripper, but to remove all those loose threads...

sewing notions


The cap of the seam ripper is a rubber cleaner. Just run this rubber pen over the seam and it will pull out all the little threads that you have left behind from the seam ripper. It's like magic!!

sewing notions

Handy Storage Box...


Ok, this is chocolate, but that's not my favorite...the box is!! Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but if I had a choice between chocolate and a bag of chips...it's salty all the way. I am a savory eater more than a sweet eater. I digress...

Back to the box. These little chocolates come in a cute metal box. I know some mints do too.

sewing notions

These boxes are perfect for a little sewing kit or a project holder.

sewing notions

Here's a little bobbin to show you the size of the box.

sewing notions

I keep my mini hexie projects in this box. It fits in my purse to sew anytime I have a few extra minutes in a doctors office, waiting for my daughter to get out of work or during my lunch time at work.

The box isn't a sewing "notion", but still a must have. It keeps things clean, organize and handy.

sewing notions

Hope you liked some of the items that I showed today. These are my own items and I wasn't paid by anyone to write this post...just wanted to share.

What are your sewing favorites or must haves?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing,
~Karen~

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel